|Title:||IT Field Support Technician|
|Location:||Long Island City, NYC|
Help Desk IT Field Technician
StratX IT Solutions is an Managed Service Provider (MSP) looking for a full time IT Field Technician to provide onsite hardware, systems software and network installation, maintenance and support in addition to key business application support to our client base in Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. Client size ranges from 5 to 400 workstations with offices in 1 to 7 locations.
StratX is a fast-growing and profitable, outsourced IT management company. We’ve been doing this for a long time since 1986. But we have a start-up, entrepreneurial mindset. We will provide extensive hands-on training and mentoring in the technology, technical diagnostic techniques, and StratX processes, methods and standards. All staff are required to sign a non-compete and confidentiality agreement and are expected to uphold the highest levels of professionalism and conform to our corporate culture.
This full time position involves:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with diverse operating systems and software applications, including all Windows Server versions, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and other hosted email solutions, backup software and virus removal.
- Diagnosing, repairing, re-imaging and reloading PC operating systems.
- Managing, supporting and troubleshooting network printers, scanners, mobile devices both remotely and onsite for clients in the assigned location.
- Troubleshooting hardware onsite accurately to determine when replacement parts are needed; accurately recording and requesting those parts via tracking software.
- Installing, configuring and repairing wireless devices, routers and network switches.
- Troubleshooting basic network issues and implementing repairs.
- Working under direction of senior technical staff to implement solutions or repairs remotely.
- Experience working at an MSP.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Excellent client communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with Windows desktops.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Sharp memory and diagnostic skills - a sense of excellence and determination.
- Ability to relate highly technical information in a clear and easily understood manner to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to provide technical support on complex issues via memory without the aid of computers or book.
- Valid driver's license.
- You’ll work with passionate, driven and experienced technical professionals. This means we recognize brilliance and hard work.
- Our standard work week is 40 hours. Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- We are focused on learning, growing, and mentoring so that all of our staff can prosper in their careers and add value to StratX, each other, and our clients.
- Relationships are important to us. We provide the highest levels of customer service and strive to always exceed our clients’ expectations. You will too.
- We love collaborating and working together as a team. We sponsor company outings such as hikes, summer BBQs and baseball games.
- We offer health care, 401K fund contributions, competitive salaries, paid time off, and a family atmosphere of caring and concern for each team member.