|Title:||IT Service Delivery Technician|
|Location:||Long Island City, NY|
IT Service Delivery Technician
StratX IT Solutions is an Managed Service Provider (MSP) looking for a full time IT Service Delivery Technician to provide remote and onsite hardware, systems software and network installation, maintenance and support in addition to key business application support to our client base. Client size ranges from 5 to 400 workstations with offices in 1 to 7 locations.
StratX is a fast-growing and profitable, outsourced IT management company. We’ve been doing this for a long time since 1986. But we have a start-up, entrepreneurial mindset. We will provide hands-on training and mentoring in the technology, technical diagnostic techniques, and StratX processes, methods and standards. All staff are required to sign a non-compete and confidentiality agreement and are expected to uphold the highest levels of professionalism, adhere to out core values, and conform to our corporate culture.
This full time position involves:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems with diverse operating systems and software applications, including all Windows Server versions, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and other hosted email solutions, backup software and virus removal.
- Diagnosing, repairing, re-imaging and reloading PC operating systems.
- Managing, supporting and troubleshooting network printers, scanners, mobile devices both remotely and onsite for clients in the assigned location.
- Troubleshooting hardware onsite accurately to determine when replacement parts are needed; accurately recording and requesting those parts via tracking software.
- Installing, configuring and repairing wireless devices, routers and network switches.
- Troubleshooting basic network issues and implementing repairs.
- Working under direction of senior technical staff to implement solutions or repairs remotely.
- High School diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience working at an MSP.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Minimum of 2 years' work and field service experience.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate excellence in time management and organizational skills.
- Confident and professional phone presence.
- Aptitude for created and alternative solutions.
- Strong desire to learn; demonstrating independent initiative in seeking new knowledge.
- Strong team player
- Good judgment and technical common sense.
- Proficient in server and workstation hardware, operating systems and software.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Understanding of cabling and cabling termination.
- Proficiency in firewalls and network security including NAT and traffic rules.
- Beginner and/or intermediate technical skills across a wide range of products.
- Willingness to travel to customer in assigned areas to courteously and professionally resolve OT related issues.
- Flexibility to be able to work under tight deadlines and/or shifting priorities.
- Ability to occasionally work past 5PM to complete onsite work tasks.
- Ability to work scheduled late shift and after-hours/weekend support shift on a rotation basis.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record and be reliable and punctual.
- Must have own vehicle or use public transportation to travel daily to assigned office.
- Knowledge of ConnectWise and LabTech preferred.
- You’ll work with passionate, driven and experienced technical professionals. This means we recognize brilliance and hard work.
- Our standard work week is 40 hours. Work hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- We are focused on learning, growing, and mentoring so that all of our staff can prosper in their careers and add value to StratX, each other, and our clients.
- Relationships are important to us. We provide the highest levels of customer service and strive to always exceed our clients’ expectations. You will too.
- We love collaborating and working together as a team. We sponsor company outings such as hikes, summer BBQs and baseball games.
- We offer health care, 401K fund contributions, competitive salaries, paid time off, and a family atmosphere of caring and concern for each team member.