|Title:||Technical Account Manager|
|Location:||White Plains and Long Island City|
Are you a professional who has a strong technical background and enjoys solving technical issues for customers? If the answer is YES, apply to work for StratX today!
As a StratX Technical Account Manager (TAM) you are the primary technical and sales liaison between StratX and our clients. By leveraging your knowledge and providing direction to our client base you will be working to maintain the client’s overall level of satisfaction with StratX products and services; this includes various operating systems, servers, storage and networking from multiple vendors. You will be able to apply your IT skills by applying IT principles within a project management framework.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing relationships with key client contacts as their trusted advisor through regular scheduled meetings. You will identify, develop and present project, services and product quotes for clients. A primary role of the TAM is helping our clients avoid unplanned outages by providing proactive preventative guidance. Supporting the sales department is another responsibility where you will be writing proposals and managing the implementation process for the projects and products sold. Project management skills are utilized in this role as the TAM will be the lead on projects presented and sold.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of a StratX IT Solutions Technical Account Manager fall within 3 functions:
- Client Account Manager & Advocate:
- Develop relationships with key client contacts and become their trusted advisor through regular scheduled meetings.
- Act as the client advocate and liaison to all other StratX departments and to other vendors.
- Provide escalation support to internal and external groups.
- Work close with internal and external accounting departments to assist with invoicing and payment issues as well as coordinating regular reviews of client agreements.
- Address, track and follow up on all client escalated issues both internally and externally.
- Sales & Solution Provider:
- Cultivate relationships with technical product vendors to build product sales and support capabilities internally.
- Develop and present project, service and product quotes to client base.
- Perform research on technologies and solutions using internal and external resources to understand the nuances of different technologies and solutions, especially in relation to client workflows.
- Support the sales department on writing proposals and manage the implementation process for the projects and products sold.
- Project Management
- Create detailed work plans using standard StratX processes and procedures.
- Provide direction and coordination to internal and external project teams to accomplish work within schedule and budget.
- Manage multiple projects of different types.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 2 years of experience in an account management or project management role.
- High-level understanding of business technology; good understanding of network topology and its dependencies.
- Extraordinary customer service skills (timely follow up and setting expectations without over-promising)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. A key function of a TAM is to prepare proposals and cost justifications, as well as make presentations to clients.
- Willingness to travel to customers in assigned areas.
- Flexibility to work under tight deadlines and/or shifting priorities; occasionally work after-hours to complete work tasks; occasional nights and weekend work possible.
- Presentation of a professional and polished image of StratX at all times.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
StratX is a small business made up of extremely passionate, driven and experienced technical professionals. We are focused on learning, growing and mentoring so that all of our staff can prosper in their careers and add value to StratX, each other, and our clients. Relationships are important to us; we provide the highest levels of customer service and strive to always exceed our client’s expectations. We enjoy collaborating and working together as a team. StratX sponsors company hikes, river rafting and many other events. Our benefits include healthcare, 401K fund contributions, paid time off, and a family atmosphere of caring and concern for each team member.